Taboulé is a wonderfully filling salad with fresh mint that traditionally comes from Arabic cuisine. Try this delicious recipe!
approx. 30 minutes
Ingredients (for about 4 people)
- 250 g bulgur
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 stalks mint
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 12 radishes
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp agave syrup or honey
- 400 g halloumi cheese (or other grilled cheese)
- 6 tbsp rapeseed oil
- salt, pepper
1) First boil the broth in a pot. First wash the bulgur in a sieve under cold running water and then add it to the boiling broth. Simmer for 10 minutes with the lid closed.
2) Then remove the pot from the heat and cover and let it simmer for another 5 minutes. Finally, stir the butter into the bulgur.
3) Meanwhile, wash the mint, spinach and radishes. Pluck off the mint leaves and roughly chop them together with the spinach. Finely slice the radishes. Finely chop the parsley and chives.
4) Now stir 2 tablespoons of rapeseed oil with lemon juice and agave syrup to a dressing. Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley and chives and fold into the bulgur along with the mint, spinach and radishes.
5) Now cut the halloumi into 1 cm thick slices. Heat 4 tablespoons of rapeseed oil in a pan and fry the cheese in it for 2 - 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Divide the taboulé among four plates and arrange the halloumi on top.
TIP: You can also prepare the taboulé very well (and let it sit a little longer). Then add the halloumi just before serving. The taboulé is also perfect as a meal prep.
We wish good appetite.