This Arabic carrot salad with walnuts and turmeric enchants you with its oriental flair. A dreamlike taste experience like in 1001 nights. Already tasted?
approx. 30 minutes + waiting time
Ingredients (for approx. 4 people)
- 350 g carrots
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 lemon
- 50 g walnuts
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- salt, pepper
- 4 tablespoons Vitis grape seed oil
1) First, peel the carrots, cut them into thick slices and boil them in salted water until slightly soft.
2) Meanwhile, cut the red onion into small slices and finely chop the garlic. Onions and garlic then cook in a little oil, eg. Vitis Arbequina Olive Oiland sauté. Once the onion is translucent, stir in the turmeric and cumin.
3) Drain the carrots and rinse them under cold water.
4) Then put the carrots in a bowl with the onion-garlic mixture.
5) Now mix the juice of half a lemon with the grape seed oil to a vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6) Pour the vinaigrette over the carrots and let sit for about 1 hour. Before serving, chop the walnuts and parsley and dress the salad with them.
We wish you bon appétit.