A vegan pasta bowl with Vitis grape seed pasta penne, homemade pesto and chickpeas. It's super delicious, quick to make and healthy for 2 people.
approx. 25 minutes
Ingredients (for about 2 people)
- 150 g Vitis Grape seed pasta Penne Rigate
- 250 g frozen vegetables, e.g. peas or broccoli
- 1 can of chickpeas (265 g drained weight)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 40 g nuts, e.g. almonds and walnuts
- 1/2 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tbsp. yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. rice syrup
- 4 - 5 TBSP. Vitis Arbequina olive oil
- 2 tbsp. nut puree, e.g. almond puree
- salt, pepper
- sweet paprika
1) First prepare the pesto. To do this, peel the garlic cloves and blend well with the nuts, basil, parsley, yeast flakes, rice syrup, vinegar, salt, pepper and olive oil with a hand blender and pour into a jar.
TIP: Remaining pesto keeps about 2 weeks in the refrigerator and can be used versatile for other dishes.
2) Now cook the grape seed pasta according to instructions.
3) At the same time, steam the vegetables in salted water for about 5 - 8 minutes.
4) In the meantime, rinse the chickpeas under running water and drain.
5) Now roast the chickpeas in a wok or a large pan in hot coconut oil for about 10 minutes until nice and crispy.
6) Now drain the grape seed pasta and mix with 2 tablespoons of pesto, 2 tablespoons of nut puree and the vegetables.
7) Mix the chickpeas with salt, pepper and sweet paprika and spread on the pasta-vegetable mixture.
8) Finally, garnish the bowl again with some nut puree and yeast flakes and serve.
We wish you bon appétit.